THYC ANNUAL BOARD MEETING
May 25, 2014
Allred, Sam Bowen, Joe Brutscke, Jill Carle, Ted Corlett, Tracy Lindke, Alan
Nelson, Paul Wrbanich, Lynn Weston and Julie Yoder
Harold Beer, Bill Grigaliunas, Nancy Littlefair, and Alan
CALL TO ORDER:
Meeting was called to order at 10:36 a.m.
I. Treasurer's Report
a. Joe stated that
as of the April, 2014 bank statement, our account has $11,679.41.
b. There is
$105.88 in petty cash. And with the deduction of [?} there is
now $91.69 remaining in the petty cash.
The discussion of the
Budget was centered around the Pancake Breakfast that took place that
budget for the Pancake Breakfast was $200.00. We spent $172.16 for
supplies. $25.00 to the pastor who conducted the Blessing of the Fleet.
b. A handout
of this year's budget was given to all those present. There were no
objections to the Budget.
c. Joe also
mentioned that over the past 2 years, $647.00 was collected through
50/50 drawings during our parties. This
amount was collected to help with club house improvements.
d. A handout
was given to those who were present for the Budget of 2014.
The following dates are the remaining upcoming events and the
chairperson listed in charge of each event:
1. Sat. June 21
– Summer Solstice & Appetizer Party. Chaired by: Lynn
2. Sat. June 29th
– Pancake Breakfast. Chaired by: Keith Morgan
3. Sat. July 5th
– Latitudes & Attitudes Party. Chaired by: Julie
4. Sat. July 19th
– Kids Crafts/Ice cream social & Movie On The Dock.
Chaired by: Robyn Perry & Paul
5. Sat. July 26th
– Venetian Festival and Poker Run. Chaired by: Toni &
6. Sun. July 27th
– Pancake Breakfast. Chaired by: Keith
7. Sat. August 9th
– Commodore's Summer Celebration. Chaired by: Gerry
8. Sat. Sept. 20th
– Chili Cook Off. Chaired by: Toni Palsgrove
9. Sat. Jan 2015
– Winter Rendezvous. Chaired by: (Open for Volunteer)
III. Membership Status
a. Joe stated that compared to last year, sign-ups and renewals are
very close to April 2013, and 2012.
b. As previously stated in the Treasurer's Report, there has been
$250.00 collected as of this Board Meeting.
c. Someone inquired about how membership sign-ups are going compared
year. So far the numbers are very close compared to April of 2013 and
IV. New Business
a. THYC Burgees:
1. Ted stated that the inventory for Burgees is 6. The club charges
$20.00 a piece for them currently .
2. It was discussed that quotes should be obtained to determine if we
should stay with the same company or venture to another company for
3. Ted said that he would do research regarding this issue and get back
to the board members when he had some information to share.
The directory is available
online and it has saved the club a lot of money to not print them in bulk. Very few members ask for a printed directory
and it changes often so there is really no need to print
c. Passwords for the THYC Website
mentioned that there are 2 passwords for the website
1. Password for the main information page: THYC 14 (which is also
located on the back of everyone's membership card.)
2. Password for special information that is only available
to board members.
Code for the THYC Clubhouse
Gerry asked that that this code should only be shared with anyone but
Board members. The code for the door is:
851966. Once the door is open and you are finished, please turn off lights and make door is shut and locked.
e. AED for the Clubhouse
1. Joe's wife, Laura, is checking on prices for a portable AED. It was
suggested by many members that Tower
should pick up the cost of the AED or most of the cost.
2. The AED needs to be checked monthly when in winter storage and a
volunteer or Tower employee needs to check on it.
3. If purchased, it also will need a power pack with a trickle charge
4. Laura will check with Tower regarding all of these issues
f. Pepsi machine is now set up against the clubhouse and will be moved
back to its original spot along the Tower office
g. Ted suggested that a ring buoy should be purchased for the THYC
Clubhouse and mounted
to a pole facing the water. It would cost approximately $100.00 to
purchase. Joe approved
the motion. Terry seconded the motion.
h. Gerry mentioned that discussions were in the works with RJ
to create a storage shed for Clubhouse
extra storage. It would be located somewhere behind the Clubhouse. No
time frame was indicated as to when this
would be completed.
i. Gerry mentioned that Porta-Pottys are being looked into for the
Clubhouse. These would only be open
during events and when the Clubhouse is rented out. A shell would need
to be built around the Porta-Pottys to
help it look nice. It was suggested by Julie that a company would need to be hired to clean and
maintain them. She offered to look into companies to do this once they were purchased. RJ is
looking into renting or buying them. No time-frame was indicated as to when this would occur.
Gerry started to power-wash the deck.
It looks awesome!
Lights and Speakers
1. Joe mentioned, as previously stated in
regarding the budget, that there is $647.00 available for lighting and speakers for the
Clubhouse. This was raised through 50/50 drawings for the past 2 years.
2. Paul will investigate pricing for a new stereo and speakers. These
are needed to improve Movie Nights and for music to be played during
THYC parties and rentals. It was suggested that we could even charge
for the use of the stereo for rentals. Ted reminded the board that if
that this is to be offered to renters, it should be added to the rental
VI. Other Issues
3. Paul will send out a mass email to the THYC members asking members
if they would be willing to donate a stereo or speakers for the
4. Paul also mentioned that the speakers have to be ones that are able
to amplify and not just generate sound. They also need to be able to be
attached to the projector and/or DVD player. It would also be ideal if
the stereo offered a plug in for I-Pods etc.
5. Jill offered to investigate lighting for the clubhouse. Julie
suggested that lighting not only be for the inside of the covered deck
but also on the outside of the covered area facing the water so that
people can see it when approaching the marina in the dark.
6. Lighting will also be needed to light the covered deck not only for
safety, but for party lighting. Jill will look into both kinds of
lighting and email pictures of her ideas to the Board.
7. It was suggested that the lighting have a timer attached to it.
8. Wiring for the lighting may be completed by Jill's husband Ralph. He
is not a licensed electrician but is very skilled and can do the
lighting to meet code requirements. It will be judged whether he can do
this work after lighting is selected. A time-frame was not set for
either project, but was suggested the lighting be completed by August
9th for the Commodore's Summer Celebration Party. And that the
speaker/stereo project by completed by the Movie on the Dock Night
– Sat. July 19th.
Ted suggested that Jill be named Corresponding Secretary. She would
take notes during Board meetings and type and send to Ted for approval.
All present agreed.
Meeting was adjourned at 11:15 a.m.